husband and i enjoyed some light, but filling mushroom soup for dinner last night & i thought i would share it with you guys, because it was so delishious! im not the biggest soup fan, especially during summer months when soup should not be on the menu, but it was the perfect little dinner with some cold salad & toast on the side.
* this recipe is from 'season with spice,' with my own personal tweaks =)
2 cups fresh mushrooms - cleaned and chopped
a little bit of white onion
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic - chopped
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
method to the madness:
1. heat olive oil in a sauce pan. add butter and lightly sauté garlic on medium heat.
2. add in mushrooms, onion, thyme and worcestershire sauce. cook over medium heat for five minutes.
3. add in chicken broth, stirring occasionally until the broth boils. then reduce the heat and simmer for ten minutes.
4. season with salt and pepper.
5. add milk & heavy cream, and bring to a simmer, then turn the heat off.
6. garnish with fresh parsley or thyme if you have them on hand.
*sorry for the crappy phone photos, but we are cameraless at the moment