September 5, 2012

eating & playing

i mentioned here that i "date" my dad & its these mornings i really treasure.
i was such a daddy's girl growing up & we've always kept a great, honest relationship.
 for us to get together almost every week now is so meaningful to me.
i love you so much, dad!

after our usual breakfast of "rockfor & mushroom" pastry and a cappachinno, i went over to his house to hang out with my little sister, leonne, because she broke her arm a few days ago and is staying home from school. we played some monopoly-like game and i was really impressed with how honest she was about collecting and paying the "money," i remember a few years ago we would play cards and she would cheat and cry if she lost. she's come a long way & i love spending time with my little sisters!


2 comments :

mbenita said...

awww so cute!! and she broke her arm?? whaaaat!! but seriously so cute.. love you guys :)

love,
Mel

jackiek said...

this is adorable. i'm such a daddy's girl and it's so hard for me to live just under two hours away from him now. my dad and his dad were very close and had a tradition of having a weekly breakfast together at the same place. the continued this for many years up until my grandpa's death. they were lucky to live close to each other and hopefully after i graduate i can move closer to home and start father/daughter weekly breakfast's with my dad. xo