April 2, 2012

cleanin out my closet

as i mentioned here, this week & next week we celebrate pessach (passover) where full-on spring cleaning is almost mandatory. so this past saturday, dekel and i spent a few hours cleaning out our closets and getting rid of shit. we literally took everything out of our closets and piled it on the floor and bed and got to work putting winter stuff up in suitcases and and summer stuff in our closet. shoes included! i found sandals i forgot i had! id like to share some photos of our cleaning spree, if you would like to see...

our room "threw up"
 our 'junk organizing sesh' poured into the living room
 a bed full of stuff & dek tackling cleaning the ceiling
 i wish i had a "before" photo, but this is my closet full of tanks,
short-sleeved tops, skirts & open-toed heels
(oh! and that wine bottle in the bottom left-hand side of the photo is empty,
i definetly do not drink and clean- they are used to hold tall boots up, like so)
 i did some jewelry organizing as well.
these purple, feathery ones are arecent purchase from ebay - $0.99 !!! 
i organized all my studs
 bracelets & earrings
 & rings
 seriously?? i didnt even know i had all of these sunglasses...
 i hung the ones i will use this summer on my necklace hooks
summer shoes out!!! wedges, flats, sandals...
 my fav wedges, a birthday present from dek for my birthday last year (seen here)
and my pretty pink nb running shoes that have gotten some good use lately
 some more bright sandals, flats & my sperrys

question:
how do you guys organize your closet / shoes ? not pictured in this post (because its still unorganized) is where i hang my dresses, blouses, sweaters and jackets and i organize them by color, but im thinking to reorganize by article type instead, like this.

13 comments :

Kristi Miller said...

I organize by color and then type. so all the black clothes are together, sorted by short sleeve blouse, long sleeve blouses, cardigans, sleeveless/going out shirts. Good luck!!

sydney said...

I like your shoe and sunglass collection!

sydney said...

I like your shoe and sunglass collection!

Online Parenting Class said...

cool! i wish i could also organize my stuffs but i'm too lazy. haha

Unknown said...

Wow what a difference!

I'm in the middle of this but not through choice - I'm moving house!

Becky at life/style/flash. blog x

Raindrops of Sapphire said...

That's a big difference! I love organising clothes! I really like your blog, it would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too :) :)

www.raindropsofsapphire.com

Celebrity Owned said...

My closet is by color and size/length and my shoes are all in plastic box's with pictures! Check out our Spring Giveaway and enter to win a gift certificate to our boutique!! http://bit.ly/H6zWJ4

xx Julie xx
www.celebrityowned.com

A Gluten Freestyle said...

I had to buy an Ikea bookcase to organise my shoes! Great selection of rings btw!
x

Fash Boulevard said...

omg. looks AMAZING. fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, Lauren Conrad has picked me as one of her 3 favorite bloggers. It would mean the world if you could take a second to vote. Thanks, love. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Chicpear said...

i have such a hard time organizing my closet! :( your closet looks so clean haha

Club Monaco Bracelet Giveaway
ChicPear Fashion Blog: www.chicpear.com
ChicPear Bloglovin

Loulou said...

Good for you. This is something I have had to do for a long time but never have the guts to actually hunker down and do! Great ideas about the boots and wine bottles by the way.

Loulou

A "cheery" disposition said...

love this. y'all did great! I need to hang my sunglasses like that.

Anonymous said...

This is the third time I've been to your site. Thnx for explaining more details.
My page - Clean and Green Washroom Products