January 21, 2011

black beauties

Anyone else borderline obsessive about Kendi's amazing blog? She posts with a sense of humor and I love her style. (Plus she's a Texas blogger!!) Her blog is very inspirational in the sense that she is very put together and that her sweet hubby photographs her everyday looks and that she is cool enough to have come up with a "30 For 30," seen here, as did Sydney from The Daybook, seen here. This concept really makes you look twice at what you already own and get creative in recreating looks for work, play or nights out. I just might have to put myself to the challenge, and this challenge includes no shopping for 30 days.

I love when bloggers link to what they wear if the post is centered around clothing, as it's fun to see what they paid and where they shop. The fact that Kendi does this led me to finding the perfect pair of tall boots that I have been searching for since October. I remember when I discovered her blog, I keep browsing through older posts and saw these boots reappear and how she restyled them and I fell in love -- see her in them here, here and here. The beauts are from Urban Outfitters and were under $100; I was very pleased. I opted for black and ordered them online, here, and had them shipped to my mom's home in Dallas and she added them to the very sweet and generous Christmas box she had prepared for me. (Thanks, mom!)

so they arrived =)
 i took them out to play
note: no lives were endangered for this photoshoot


 note to self: work on my kartwheel form




 picking grapefruit, of course, for my daily dose of juice

The rest of our weekend will be spent studying with cuddling breaks and blogging in between. What are your plans? 

4 comments :

chels.e. said...

too cute miyan!
and i love the boots!

Anonymous said...

it's official! you're a style blogger. so cool. JEAL. i will have to talk b into photographing me. looks so fun.

Vivian said...

sweet boots and playful photos!! i always love doing cartwheels...

have a lovely weekend! i'll go out for a wild osaka night... then take it easy... i need rest!

Anonymous said...

Amazing boots! i had to go and get them!(i bought them in brown)
love it!