October 31, 2010

wedding fever

Two days before I took off and moved to Israel, back in October 2008, I was a bridesmaid in Chelsey's wedding. She is one of my best friends and it was my first wedding to be in- it was such an honor. It was picture perfect with the bridesmaids wearing chic blue velvet GAP dresses with cute silver buckeled ballet flats. Family & friends danced the macarena, laughed, celebrated Chelsey & Zach and enjoyed loaded mashed potatos served in martini glasses =)









This past June I flew home to Dallas, Texas for a 3-week visit and planned my trip accordingly so I could be one of the Maids of Honor in Molly's wedding, another bestie. Her wedding was appropriatly southern inspired and every little detail portrayed it. The girls flaunted mint & brick red JCrew halter dresses (with pockets!), chowed down on the Dickey's BBQ buffet and for dessert chose from glazed dounuts or strawberry short cake.

















My friends weddings are held close to my heart and those are times that are set in stone in my mind. On the same subject, I was so very inspired by Sterling Style's post here titled Wedding Wishlist that I decided to dive into the wedding blogs myself and poke around. I am not one to dream about getting married or my wedding day or what I will wear or what food I will serve; but the following wedding would be it. Simple, sandy, green, mellow and breath-takingly beautiful.























photos via

5 comments :

chels.e. said...

such wonderful memories! weddings are the best! love you!

coco said...

i just love weddings that reflect the bride and groom perfectly. those wedding sandals scream your name!

p.s. just added your blog to the blog list on mine :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Cortney...those sandles are so "Miyan!" Love reading youe blog!

- Dandi

Anonymous said...

I love wedding pictures, they always put a huge smile upon my face!

Thanks for sharing your lovely memories wuth us!!

xxx
Vikki

http://stylometre.blogspot.com

What Happens After Five said...

That huge arrangement of tulips is BEAUTIFUL!!

http://happensafterfive.wordpress.com/